Too many things happened this year. The goods, the bad, the in-between.
- Finally, bought a car, a Proton Suprima. Yeah.. A proton. What can I say. That was the only higher specs car i can afford. However some odd times, i did regret buying it since after I bought it, the petrol’s price keeps getting more expensive. L
- Still no new house either moving or buying. L
- No travelling too except the one working trip to Sydney. Not really a planned visit but at least I got 2 days get-to-know Sydney days.
- New housemates, again. I had bad cases of housemates this year.
- Got myself a new hobby. I started some artsy project. Kind of funny actually since that is a skill I don’t really have but it is fun. I’ve join 2 monthly face-drawing challenges. Though not really impressive result but I am still proud of myself. Haha.
- 1 wedding (nephew) and 2 engagements (nephew and niece). So 2 wedding can be expected next year.
- 3 new nieces, 1 grand-niece and 1 grand-nephew. Talk about additional minions to the family. Plus 1 coming soon in 2015 if all went well. J
- My father had a knee surgery after he got affected by unknown bacteria, or something. A little swell turned out serious after less than 2 weeks that ended up have to go through surgery. My father has to spend almost a week in the hospital.
- My elder sister was undergoing operation to remove her ovaries and uterus after a check-up showed threatening fibroid and cyst. She is still in recovery stage now.
- Bad cases of dengue. Started with my eldest sister after the Eid, then her son, and later if I’m not mistaken her granddaughter. Luckily not as bad as my sister. Then in November, by other nephew, and also luckily not so bad that has to be hospitalized.
- My younger sister affected by flood again this year. The water level rose higher than last year. Luckily, my sister learnt a lesson from last year flood. She prepared early. And when the water level kept rising and rising, she left the house and headed to my father’s house to avoid being forced to evacuation center. As this date, the flood slowed down, and she able to move back to her house. Though she is still taking precaution because there are news that there will second/third wave coming.
- I have being promoted to senior position. Sadly the salary not really at par but the responsibility increased.
- The most hectic year so far. There was a new government product that we needed to comply with our system. We worked more than 8 hours a day for 2-3 months. Super crazy.
- New demanding project started in September and I am one of the person involved in the initial preparation. It is a new experience and new challenge. Lots of new stuff need to be learnt for this new project and we will be busy again until end of May 2015.
- Because of the project above, I have been given the opportunity to work in Sydney office for 7 days. I was so nervous going there. Foreign environment, lots of colleagues’ expectations and of course the language barrier since my English is just so-so and added with the Australian accent that gave me trouble some times. Fortunately, all went well. J
- Books – my target was 20 books and not included re-read. I haven’t analysed yet. But looks like almost there or reached that amount. Will update later.
- Car/house – bought a car but not the house.
- Saving – my target to get a total of 10K. I reached that amount in May but because of deposit for the car, now it became <10K but almost there. Not so bad.
- Credit card – target was to clear the outstanding and left only monthly expenses by August. I managed to achieve this by August. Yay! So far still maintain.
- Exercise – at least twice a month for jogging/walking. This is not big enough for everyone but actually difficult for me. Sadly I cannot make it especially these last few months L
- Weight loss – Started 2014 with 52.3kg. My target was 50kg. Again, another difficult feat. I had reached as high as 54 kg this year which is the heaviest I have being in my entire life. The least weight was 51.5kg. By November I gave up and thinking of maintaining the 51-52 kg. Surprisingly, by this date, I have reached 50 – 50.2kg. Not sure what happened but somehow I achieved my target. LOL!.
- More and more goods’ prices increased. Meaning daily expenses getting higher. So not at par with salary now.
- 3 incidents with our airlines. Early this year we were shocked by the missing MH370. Mid-year, MH137 being shot down. And last week Airasia flight from Surabaya QZ8501 crashed into the ocean. Al-Fatihah to the people being called by the Creator.
- Flood, this year is the worst I have ever seen. Especially in Kelantan where some places totally submerged under water like Kota Bharu, Kuala Krai, Tnh Merah and Gua Musang. The whole state almost in paralysed by the flood where no road to outside was cleared. Most of my friends that live there or have family there affected by the flood. Really when watching the news.
There are so many sad things but still I am still grateful for the good things. Pray and hope for a better year next year.
Goals and aim for 2015? Maybe later. 🙂