Last day of the month October in year 2013. I wonder what have I done this month that have bring changes to myself or others.
Well, I cooked nasi minyak on Hari Raya though not as good as I hope. First trial plus missing few ingredients. So my verdict, it is acceptable. At least my father ate it without complaint since he always complained about my cooking. Haha. 😀
Finally my father’s house sliding doors has curtains now. If waiting for my father, maybe until Eid next year. I took the initiative of pushing him (a.k.a nagging), and finally a day before Raya, we got ourselves new curtains. (i forgot to take a photo of it). Yosh!!
What else.. Had breakfast with my elder sister. We havent done this, like for ages. I brought her to a famous nasi lemak place near my office called Village Park. She talked a lot like a one-sided conversation. I think she hasn’t being able to talk that much for a long time because she was like pouring everything. (LOL). Maybe she has no one to listen to her without being judged.. One of her main ‘topics’ was new ideas or projects that she was thinking. Mind you, my sister is the richest among all of my siblings. So her ideas always comes with ‘money not an issue’ and that, my dear, kind of annoying a bit. But like always ‘masuk telinga kiri kuar telinga kanan daaa’. At least now she got a new place to bring her kids for breakfast.
Let’s talk about my Oct list. Let see..Hmmm.. Definitely, few items will be carry forward to next month which will start tomorrow.
1. Approximately to 50kg. Now I am 52kg. -> According to my weight scale, I am in between 50kg – 50.5kg. I think I can say ‘Mission accomplished’. Though I wonder how long I can maintain this?
2. 2 x tmn jaya – Done ( I am going to this as monthly goal) – entry
3. Save >500. This is a bit challenging because I predicted big speding during Raya Qurban.-> Done.
4. 1 sewing project -> carry forward. No choice because I need space to put my sewaing machine but sadly I have none right now. I need to box some stuffs first.
5. 1 new book – Done ( I read more than 1 actually). Entry
6. 1 blog entry – either – lj,blospt,wordpress – Well with this entry I have achieved this, right? Or maybe I need to challenge myself more. -> Done
7. Flickr – at least 3 pics. I have lots of pics in my ‘store’ but tooooo lazy to edit/resize and post it. -> Failed. No excuses except laziness.
8. 1 spa + 1 facial, I bought Groupon Spa package. Hope I didnt waste it like the last one. -> Carry forward. Every time I tried to set appointment, their schedule always full. Beyond my control already.
I’m going to start coming up with new list for November later. Item #2 and #5 plus the ‘carry forward’ items will be in the list, of course.
The book which was in my mind when I made the list was Hotshot by Julie Garwood. JG is once of my favourite writer in romance category. So of course I was excited when I found out she was releasing a new book.
One of the reason I was really anticipated for this book because I read almost all of her books (minus the Roses trilogy). And another reason was because I was a bit dissappointed with the last book – Sweet Talk. In a way, I was hoping this nook can get me back in good faith to JD.
Image from Goodreads and review from Goodreads ->https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16101020-hotshot
Did I set my expectation tooooo high?I gave 3.5/5 star. A bit better compared to Sweet Talk which I gave 3/5.
My comment on the book:
- The plot was too ‘straight’ ( I don’t know what is the correct term for this). No surprises or anything. Idk. Maybe because I’ve read too many books and watches too many tv show/movies, it was kind of too easy to predict the flow and what will happen next. The only part I was eager to see was the antics of cousin Debby to get extra money. 😦
- Again, the plot. No twist of the bad and/or good guys. Same problem I had with Sweet Talk. No need much guessing. Not even on how they tackled down the bad guys.
- The hero and heroin are tooooo perfect. Kind of turn me off a bit.
**Note: I read a comment once from JG fan where she said JG loves to use ‘arrogantly’ especially ‘arrogantly pleased’ and she has made a mission to count the frequency of the words used. That was why everytime I came across that phrase, I would chuckled. 😀 Continue reading
Proud of myself because I managed to accomplish the #2 goal in the October list. Though it might be no big deal to anybody else but it is a big deal to a lazy-me. Plus the weather over the weekend was so nice for an extended sleep. 🙂
I forgot when was my first time in this month but the second was on last Sunday. Again today, the weather was very tempting for a longer sleep. But I have put extra effort to move my butt out of the bed.
So fast time flies and now already in the final quarter of 2013.
Usually when talking almost end of the year, ppl talking about what have they accomplished or completed or achieved so far. Too distressful for me.
So I’ve decided to have a to-do list for October instead.
1. Approximately to 50kg. Now I am 52kg.
2. 2 x tmn jaya
3. Save >500. This is a bit challenging because I predicted big speding during Raya Qurban.
4. 1 sewing project
5. 1 new book
6. 1 blog entry – either – lj,blospt,wordpress – Well with this entry I have achieved this, right? Or maybe I need to challenge myself more.
7. Flickr – at least 3 pics. I have lots of pics in my ‘store’ but tooooo lazy to edit/resize and post it.
8. 1 spa + 1 facial, I bought Groupon Spa package. Hope I didnt waste it like the last one.
The list look tame enough but for someone loke me, it is a big challenge. Lets see how I’m faring by end of the month.